As is usual when new versions of Microsoft PowerPoint are released, many users experience problems with the program. PowerPoint 2013 is no exception and many people are seeing their presentations crash, when editing them and presenting them.
We’ve put together this forever expanding resource list to help you correct the problem where PowerPoint 2013 keeps crashing.
- Why can’t I start my Office 2013 application?
- Visual features or video quality may differ from one computer to another in Office 2013
- What is safe mode?
- Repair Office programs
- Automatically repair Office programs
- Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
- Diagnose and repair crashing Office programs by using Office Diagnostics
- How to collect log files from Event Viewer
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365
- Office 2013 known issues
- How to disable the “Test mode” message that is displayed in Windows
- Windows desktop watermarks
- Office 2013 applications crash on launch at the splash screen
- PowerPoint 2013 or PowerPoint 2010 stops working after you repair a presentation
- “Something went wrong” error when you install Office 2013 or Office 365
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 2013 and Office 365
- PowerPoint Makes File Read-only After Saving
- Sharing Violation error when saving an Office 2007 document in Windows 7
- PowerPoint 2013 crashes when I attempt to print
- July Fixes to Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 32-Bit Edition. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Microsoft Office Add Ins
Add Ins have been found to be particularly problematic. Earlier versions of these add-ins are known to cause problems with Office 2013 applications:
- ABBYY FineReader: Visit this ABBYY FineReader web page to install the latest version.
- Broadcom Send-to-Bluetooth: Visit this Broadcom Bluetooth web page to install the latest version.
- Intel Send-to-Bluetooth: Visit this Intel web page to install the latest version.
- KingSoft’s PowerWord: Visit this KingSoft PowerWord web page to install the latest version.